Sunday, August 1, 2010

Goal setting "Monopoly" style

My friend Derek gave me this idea of posting monopoly houses on the wall. The idea is to post the number of green houses that you want to flip in a year and replace them one by one with pictures of the actual houses as you buy them. The red hotels will represent keepers that you hope to pick up. I'd never done anything "visual" like this when setting my goals so I wasn't sure if it would make difference or not. We decided to try it this year.

It started off a little slow. January came and went and the board had not changed at all. Then February and March came and a couple green houses were taken away and replaced by photos. The months continued to fly by and we saw our board begin to have a new look to it. In July we changed 4 more green houses to photos!


We're right on track for our "flip" goals for the year, but way behind on our keepers. Those red hotels are getting dusty up on the wall. Our new 'short term revised goal' in August is to pick up 2 keepers and we'll re-evaluate after that.

I must say that I love the monopoly wall goal setting and I'm glad we did it. It's right in our office where we can see it every day and it really is a great motivational tool to help us stay focused to meet our goals, one small green house at a time. to see some of our projects and wholesale deals available go to our website
www.FreedomRealEstateOnline.com

1 comment:

  1. Cool idea Doug. Only 14 more houses to go! Steve

    ReplyDelete